These are the goals I've set for myself.
- Reach 50th percentile on the swim at IMAZ in April (I was bottom 30th last year).
- Sub 11 hour at IMC in August.
- Bike average 20mph or higher on one Ironman and at Lake Stevens 70.3 - without killing my run.
- Solid no-excuses performances at all of my events.
And this is the plan for how to achieve my goals.
- Create a realistic Annual Training Plan with my coach and commit to meeting those hours each week (no excuses!). In 2007, there were several periods where I was off-plan for weeks at a time. Sometimes I had good reasons (work) other times not so much.
- Consistently swim - 3 times per week early season, 4 time per week during peak training. I skimped on swimming too much after IMAZ. That's one reason I put IMC on my schedule
- Learn to effectively train and race with my powermeter. I'm know my race performances aren't nearly what I am capable of delivering, and this tool will help me reach that potential.
- Run more outdoors instead running on my treadmill. I didn't get into this sport to spend hours a week running in my garage watching DVDs, much as I enjoy combining two things I love together.
Happy New Year!